The leader in immediate pain and anxiety relief, Penthrox™ is a revolutionary inhaled product which will provide you with immediate pain relief.
At Redbank Dental Centre we offer our patients Penthrox™ so their every dental experience will be as comfortable as possible. Penthrox™ is the combination of an inhaler device and a pharmaceutical agent that has been used in Australia for over 30 years by healthcare professionals for the provision of immediate pain relief.
When used as directed, it is safe, effective and quick. Penthrox™ will provide you with strong pain relief while at the same time helping you feel more comfortable. And you are in control of the level of your relief, simply by inhaling Penthrox™ through the Penthrox™ Inhaler. Ask your dentist for Penthrox™ prior to your treatment.
Patient instructions and information…
- Relief will commence after approximately 6 – 10 breaths.
- Relief will persist for several minutes after ceasing use of Penthrox™.
- The patient is in control of the level of their relief.
- Breathe through the mouthpiece, initially ensuring that the “dilutor” hole of the AC Chamber is not covered.
- Breathe out either through the AC Chamber attached to the Penthrox™ Inhaler or through the nose (patient preference).
- If further relief is required, the “dilutor” hole of the AC Chamber may be covered for a higher inspired concentration of Penthrox™.